Join me for a great day exploring the magical and mysterious process of songwriting. I'll share with you lots of hard earned tips and tricks about constructing a song. This will be super fun and inspiring!
Fee for the two day worksop is $195 per person.
This workshop is open to songwriters of all levels, from beginners to professionals! There's lots for everyone! Shoot me an email if you have any questions at email@example.com
Happening at the Soundspace studio, located at the Sunshine Coast Arts Centre in Sechelt. 5714 Medusa Street, Sechelt. BC
Things we'll cover:
1. Where to start You know what you want to write about You know what kind of mood you want You don’t know anything
2. Structures Intro - sets the mood Verse - describes the unfolding story Pre-chorus - teases the main arc Chorus - drives home to main point Bridge - takes the song sideways Outro - wraps it all up
3. Chords Start simple Majors vs minors How to add colour and shape that influence lyrics/mood Riffs Chorus lift Bridges
4. Melody How to create memorable melodies Harmony Lifts on key words Using a Keyboard
5. Lyrics Creating a header theme Discovering titles Asking questions to get answers Metaphor Words that sound good together Rhyming dictionary/word maps Write without thinking too much - bird cage